Appleton Boychoir - Please read carefully!
We hope everyone stayed safe (and warm) during this cRazY week of weather!
Our online ticketing style has changed - and has a brand new look! Feel free to go online and get your tickets for our upcoming winter concert:
TRADITIONS…THE FRIENDS AND FAVORITES CONCERT
Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Lawrence University Memorial Chapel - Appleton
Click here for Tickets
Please review this email carefully for very important calendar changes, reminders, and updates.
The official Appleton Boychoir Calendar has been updated to reflect these reminders/updates/changes. Please review all dates carefully.
- 2/4 - Monday - ALL FAMILIES - Fundraiser orders/money due before rehearsal - please remember to bring your Fundraiser orders and money and turn in to Hilary/Tammy prior to rehearsal. Any remaining Buyouts should be paid at this time, too.
- 2/4 - Monday - Ambassador Choir Rehearsal 4pm -6pm (EXTENDED to 6:00 PM due to lost time last week) Order forms due for Fox Cities Children's Choir Concert Tickets.
- 2/4 - Monday - Reminder - Repertoire Rehearsal - same time and same place. If you have questions about the assignments in the Theory Workbooks, please let Tammy know.
- 2/6 - Wednesday - Reminder - Ambassador Choir Rehearsal 4pm - 5:30pm for Children's Festival (see details below)
- 2/7 - Thursday - Reminder - ChamberSingers - Young Audiences 4pm - 6pm at Trout Museum of Art (per the Calendar). Cancelled per the Trout – will be rescheduled. Will be a regular ChamberSingers rehearsal, instead - see new email sent 2/5/19.
- 2/8 - Friday - Reminder - Ambassador Choir - Children's Choir Festival workshop and concert - see reminder/details below. Do not forget the Excused Absence Form for your son's school (see form link below). (See below for ticket order form to pre-purchase tickets.)
- 2/8 - Friday - ALL FAMILIES - The Fox Cities Children's Choir Festival Concert is at 6:00 pm in the Appleton West High School Auditorium and all families are welcome! (See below for details)
- 2/9 - Saturday - ChamberSingers Cancelled - NO ChamberSingers will be needed for the teacher workshop.
- 2/11 - Monday - LOCATION CHANGE - Ambassador Rehearsal at First Congregational Church, 724 E. South River St., Appleton - starts same time - 4:00 pm.
- 2/11 - Monday - Reminder - Repertoire Rehearsal - same time and same place
- 2/11 - Monday - DATE CHANGE - MANDATORY FAMILY MEETING 5:00-6:00 pm at First Congregational United Church of Christ, 724 E South River St, Appleton. We ask at least one parent/guardian, for each family, attend this very important meeting. The Choirs will be singing as part of this meeting.
- 2/18 - Monday - REMINDER - NO REHEARSALS - (we typically follow the Appleton Area School District's calendar)
- 2/20 - Wednesday - RESCHEDULED REHEARSAL for ChamberSingers - 4:00 - 5:30 pm - at Appleton West High School - Choir room. Due to the weather, the 1/31 rehearsal has been rescheduled. Please make every effort for your son to be there.
Fox Cities Children's Choir Festival
As you know, The Ambassador Choir will be participating in the Fox Cities Children's Choir Festival on Friday, February 8. We are excited to have Adrienne Broyles in Appleton for the festival and to learn the secrets of her successful work with the St. Louis Children’s Choir!! This is a fabulous and unique opportunity for the boys to work with a conductor of this caliber.
Adrienne Broyles holds a Bachelor’s degree in Vocal Performance with a minor in languages and a Master of Arts degree in Music Education from Indiana University-Bloomington. She became a member of the artistic staff of The St. Louis Children’s Choirs in 2001. She has completed Level II in Kodály, Level II in Orff- Schulwerk, and was awarded Artist-Teacher Certification from the CME Institute for Choral Teacher Education.
Mrs. Broyles is the vocal/general music teacher at Mason Ridge Elementary School in the Parkway School District, where she was awarded Teacher of the Year in 2010. She was a presenter at the 2014 Orff-Schulwerk National Conference and has presented choral workshops and served as a guest conductor/ clinician for across the country.
Below are the details of the Festival, including all rehearsals.
The evening concert will highlight the Ambassador Choir in their own set.
We realize that this is a school day for most boys, but we have provided a school excuse form and are expecting 100% attendance to make this Festival successful.
Wednesday, February 6th Pre-Festival rehearsal from 4:00 – 5:30 at West.
The Fox Cities Children’s Choir Festival will take place on Friday, February 8th at Appleton West High School. Students will rehearse together during the day with Ms. Broyles followed by a public concert at 6:00pm. The Ambassador boys will sing a solo set during the concert under the direction of Mrs. Rajkovich
Tickets will be available at Ambassador Choir rehearsal (see order form below) and at the door before the concert.
A School Excuse form is also attached below.
Friday, February 8th:
10:30 – Noon Rehearsal/Sectionals Appleton West Auditorium
Break (bring a sack lunch)
12:45 – 2:15 Rehearsal
2:15 Pick Up (all boys must be picked up by 2:15 pm)
5:30 Return for Concert Call/Warm Up dressed in AMBASSADOR CONCERT ATTIRE - please also make sure to bring your Festival T-shirt with you to the concert.
Please let us know ASAP if you have any questions or concerns regarding this upcoming school day workshop and evening concert performance.
Click below for the ticket form as well as a school excuse form: